OPEN CALL ARTISTIC INTERVENTION MICROTHEATER MIAMI
The Cultural Center of Spain in Miami launches an open call for visual artists to do an artistic intervention at the 7 shipping containers of the program Microtheater Miami.
Suggested topics: In relation to CCEMiami´s mission we will be considering positively the topics related to diversity, climate change, sustainability, education and social issues.
Beneficiaries: All type of artists who live in Miami and of legal age may apply. We will accept a maximum of three proposals per artist/collective.
Prize: 1,200 dollars.
Artistic Interventions Dates: Last week of August and first of September 2019. Times will vary but It will not be allow to be painting during regular opening hours of Microtheater Miami (Thursday to Sunday 8 p.m. – 12 a.m.).
Requirements: To participate you must send an email before July 26th to Veronica Alvarez [email protected] specifying on the subject: Open Call – Artistic Intervention at Microtheater Miami. These email must include the following information:
- Personal Details
- Short Artistic Resume
- Links to previous works
- Description and a draft of the proposal. This proposal might include the 7 containers by itself or/and the mural (Almost 10 feet) located behind the containers. (See photo below)
- An approximate description of the materials and quantities needed.
The results will be announced on August 5th via our website and social media channels.
- The winner artist will receive a check for the prize ($1,200) once the project is finish.
- The artist must live in Miami and be of legal age.
- The artist must agree that the draft presented is the one to be executed. If there is any changes this must be presented and approved by CCEMiami.
- As part of the collaboration for this project, the artist must participate on educational workshops during the month of September at various schools within Miami – Dade County. Dates and times will be agreed between the possibilities of the schools and the artist’s agenda.
- CCEMiami will be able to use the images of this intervention for its institutional communication. CCEMiami will always mention the artist. The artist commits to collaborate with the media and to raise awareness of the project (interviews, making off..etc).
- CCEMiami will cover the materials needed to execute the artistic intervention. The artist will be given the containers as there are right now (Please see the photo above). The artistic intervention will be only on the front of the contamines as seen on the photo.
- This project is not liable to a specific date. It is an outdoor space that might be subject of future artistic interventions.
- The artist takes full responsibility of the originality of its work and copyright.
- By sending out the email the artists accepts and understand the requirement and basis of this open call.
This project is possible thanks to the collaboration of Miami Downtown Development Authority.